Food Label Competition
Your food product labels face a lot of competition on store shelves. Every other product is competing for your customer's attention. Graphics, color, fonts, and label material make sure your product gets noticed. Your dedicated customer service representative has helped hundreds of customers create successful custom food labels, and their experience can help you too.
There are certain elements that are required by the FDA that needs to be placed on a food label. We have listed a list of requirements and things to consider when developing a custom food label. To read more about it, click here
There are FDA guidelines that a supplier must consider before creating a food label. All required label statements must be placed on the front label panel known as the PDP (Principal Display Panel). The PDP is the section of the label that is most likely to be seen by a consumer. The required elements on a food label includes the name of the food, and the net quantity. For more information about food label guidelines visit the FDA Food Labeling Guide.
What You Should Know About Nutrition Facts Label
Do you have questions about Nutrition Facts and want to know what the requirements are in order for your label to compliant? Read our blog post on Nutrition Facts to get all the details!
With Consolidated Label your custom food packaging labels will:
- Stand up to temperature extremes and liquids. Food labeling has its challenges, and we have the experience to know the best materials to use.
- Have crisp graphics and superior readability. We offer both digital and flexographic printing with up to 10-color capability to produce photographic quality images.
- Meet the current FDA regulations for food contact. With 25 years of experience, we've implemented the procedures required to produce food labels that meet FDA standards.
- Resist fading, bleeding, and smudging. With quality as our focus, we manufacture labels that will look good for the life of your product.
Did you know?
Your food labels have to be durable and versatile enough to withstand certain environmental conditions such as moisture, sunlight and chemicals. Here are some more tips to get the best custom printed labels.
- Competition between store and national brands has created a demand for high-impact packaging. We've added Shrink Labeling capabilities to give your products incredibly vibrant, form-fitted 360 degree graphics. Shrink sleeve labeling can also incorporate tamper evidence into your packaging.
- Health conscious consumers are seeking out more whole-food and natural options. Try our clear labels to emphasize the natural aspects.
- Market your product's benefits while keeping in mind current trends (e.g. fat-free or low-sodium). Your personal service representative is experienced and up to date on food label trends, so they can make suggestions and help you when you need it.
- Packaging and storage temperature can make a difference in material selection. We don't expect you to have all the answers; you can rely on us to make the best suggestions to suit your project's needs.