More and more consumers are becoming interested in recycling but they’re not always sure if they can recycle a certain item or how to go… Read More »
You’ve probably heard a lot lately about “going green” but what does that exactly mean? “Green” means having a minimal negative impact on the environment and maximum conservation of resources and energy efficiency. One way to make your product more green is with eco-friendly labels that are printed on renewable materials like FSC-certified papers. If you’re looking to make the shift to eco-friendly labels, call us at 1-800-475-2235 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to get started.
Different Options for Eco-Friendly Labels
Recycled, recyclable, and renewable are often used interchangeably but there are several key differences when it comes to eco-friendly labels. Here is a reference list that contains the major types of eco-friendly labeling materials. Consolidated Label Co. may not have access to every type listed and there are often minimum purchase requirements when using these specialty materials. Your service rep will be able to tell you if these types of materials are available and if they are a fit for your project.
- Recycled means the label stock contains materials recycled from the manufacturing process or post-consumer waste.
- Recyclable means the label can safely go through the recycling process. (Please note that most sensitive labels cannot be recycled due to the adhesive unless they use a “recycling compatible adhesive” which are a specialty product.)
- Renewable means the label stock comes from resources which can be replenished as quickly as they’re used. Examples of renewable materials include corn, sugar cane, and bamboo.
We carry renewable materials certified by the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) to better ensure your labels aren’t harmful to the environment. The FSC verifies that wood-based products, like recyclable label stock, come from forests which are managed in a sustainable way. To learn more about material options, please read below.
Popular Materials Used
If you are looking for something even more “green” than the FSC materials, we can order other specialty materials (please note that specialty materials may have minimum quantity order requirements from the manufacturer). Most of our customers who buy eco-friendly labels use one of the following products:
- Tree-free label stock is a white paper-like stock made from bamboo pulp, sugar cane, and cotton linters. Tree-free label stock provides a smooth print surface and is ideal for specialty food and wine labels.
- FSC certified papers come in a variety of styles to suit different markets and applications. Whether you’re looking for a high-end look or a cost-effective alternative to your current labels, we’ve got you covered.
Let our customer service team know what you hope to achieve with your labels so they can help you determine which materials will work best for your needs. Learn more about sustainability trends in the label industry to see what other things you can do to have eco-friendly custom labels.